5 Ways Coffee Benefits Your Mental Health
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world, with an estimated 400 million cups consumed in the United States each day. It has been a staple of our morning routine for centuries and it's no wonder why - coffee not only tastes good, but also provides us with some unexpected benefits to mental health! Here are five ways that drinking coffee can benefit your mental health:
1. Improved Memory: Drinking coffee can help keep you alert, which in turn improves memory.
2. Increased Energy: Coffee is packed with caffeine that stimulates the central nervous system and increases your heart rate so it's no wonder why this gives you more energy!
3. Better Mood: Studies have shown that drinking a cup of coffee before a stressful event can help reduce anxiety and improve mood.
4. Reduced Depression Risk: Drinking coffee, specifically the caffeinated kind (as opposed to decaf) has been found to lower one's risk of depression when consumed in moderation.
5. Decreased Anxiety: Coffee also contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage due to outside toxins which may contribute to less anxiety.
At Serviive Coffee Company, we know the importance of a good cup of coffee and the benefits it has on your health. That’s why we not only drink great coffee as part of our daily routine, but also seek to use our business to help others with more significant mental health issues. Just a reminder, Mental Health America and the National Alliance on Mental Health are two of those organizations with resources helping those in need.